My Nexus 5 Lollipop upgrade experience

Just a few day ago, my Nexus 5 has upgrade the long awaited Android version 5 Lollipop update and it change much of the way I was familiar with KitKat. It's a good and a bad thing actually. Here's my Lollipop on my Nexus 5.


The update was prompted over the air...I did set my choice to do so when connected to WiFi.


Here are some things I like and don't like and how I overcome some of the changes by personal preference...

After the full upgrade was done, I check out the Easter egg of this version that usually found in the Phone Setting > Android version by tabbing continuously at that area. It will appear a Lollipop that you can use your finger to move around the screen like you are licking it and it will soon direct you to a mini-game which work like Flappy bird but this time is lollipop as pipe and the bird was a Android.


I didn't play long as I am busy looking what is new.

One thing I like was the keyboard now have bigger key area. I is easier for me to use my fat thumb to type the wordings.


Now here are a few things I don't really like. First the phone contact now do not offer you to create new contact account on the device itself. By default all contact are now sync with Google.

The Gallery in Kitkat was removed in Lollipop. Instead they replace Google Photo for that. The first thing I did was select the Auto-Backup option  to be OFF. If you did not do that, all of your photo you have taken send to the cloud server as backup which I am not certain. The recent report that some celebrities in nude due to their photo stored in cloud was no longer secure.


Now that being said, it is too much trouble to go many clicks to see the photo on your device as how it was with Gallery Apps was suppose to be. To resolve that, go to Google play and download this Apps call Quickpic. That will offer allow you on how the application is like.

They have upgrade to the latest chrome and all the tab are separated. I personally prefer how it was and thank God there was a work around.first select the Setting...  


Then select the Merge Tabs and Apps.   


Finally I can get back the familiar tab display all in one app view .


I noticed that the battery seems to be improved but I still having teething issue in term of user experience as I was rather used to KitKat. Will update more on my experience.




Comments