Michael Jackson This is it

Three weeks ago when I find out that the ticket are on sale, I booked two tickets for Michael Jackson, "This is it". My brother and I have been to both Michael Jackson concert that was hold in Singapore. We both still have not accepted the fact that our teenage pop idol had passed away...


Before the movie, I was both excited and sorrowful. How will the movie turned out? Will I have a good memory of MJ final act? There are young and old in that cinema that day and they all are Michael Jackson fans. Before the show started, hits of MJ was playing and everyone was enjoying the songs. As the starting credit rows, there were a deep silent. Everyone was reading the words and when the moment MJ appear on screen, everyone started to breath.

There he was, the King of pop on the stage with smile on his fans singing and dancing away. Although he appear to be skinny, he was very much having energy singing "Don't stop till you get enough". As more of his rehearsal was shown, I totally lost the sense of space and time.


MJ in his 50 was full of energy giving his all even in rehearsal. You can see that there was a sense of enjoyment and fulfillment in his act. During "Beat it", he was rehearsing some move and he was so into the moment that he did some move that I doubt any 50 year old man can do that. The person sitting next to me affirmed by saying "I can't believe he can dance so well in his 50". I couldn't imagine if I were to do what he did.

Most of his old hits was remake with new MTV such as Thrillers, The way you make me feel and smooth criminal. It was great to see how MJ interact with his dancers, musicians and backup singers. If MJ was not so professional in his rehearsal, this movie may not even make the cuts. MJ did not give up on his believe, hope and ideal when he mention about the world in the Earth songs.


In the middle of the movie, I recalled how I felt his concerts both of his Dangerous and History tour in Singapore. The atmosphere and the showmanship of MJ were so overwhelming.

Through out the movie, the Cinema was fulled with cheering, laughing (when MJ said or did something out of our expectation) and some even crying. And when the movie ended with Man in the Mirror, everything in the cinema was frozen for a moment and follow by wave of applause.

The credits started rolling but no one was getting out of their seats. Everyone stay as if to see if they are any spoiler at the end of the movie. Maybe we hope to see that MJ passing was not real. MJ is alive but sadly that did not happen.

As I stepped out of the cinema, I was glad that Michael did show joy and energy in performance. I recalled what MJ said about wanting his concert to be able to bring the viewers to another place for that moment and he did for This is it. He did make us lost in where we are and stepped into Michael Jackson working days. If only he was given more time...


Michael, I hope you are at a better place now fill with love and joy. People may misunderstood you in some ways but no one has ever doubted your talent and the moments you gave to us. You are still dearly missed.

Comments

khengsiong said…
I have been listening to his old songs since his departure. May watch this movie too...
LEon said…
Khengsiong, you should watch it. Is really worth it. Many in that cinema cried...
[SK] said…
yes, he is sure dearly missed by many of us, he was and still is the king of pop..
LEon said…
Agree SK. He is the one and only.